Jan 9, 2018
It's a new year! And that means it's time for CES. It officially hasn't started as of this posting. But that doesn't mean companies haven't announced things yet. And there are a few non-CES tech news to talk about. Oh, and a smart toilet is coming!
- Control Spotify with Cortana.
- Amazon is bringing Alexa to Windows 10.
- Microsoft lets you pay with Bitcoin.
- Microsoft ends the production of the Kinect adapter
- New Games with Gold.
- LG Display is rumored to be providing some of the OLED displays for the next iPhone.
- Universal apps for iOS and macOS.
- Apple has lowered the price of battery replacements to only $29.
ALWAYS UPDATE YOUR DEVICES FOR SECURITY!!! Sorry for yelling. But seriously, do it.
Calebs first impressions of a $100 smartphone from China.
- Eric Schmidt is now the Bill Gates of Google.
Landen somehow only had to pay student prices for Amazon Prime for 6 years.
- Landen is pissed at Minecraft.
- Indie Game Spotlight of the Week: Influence by Blanket Fort Games.
- Sky, for Apple TV and iOS, is being delayed until March.
- Aspyr has ported Civilization VI over to the iPad.
- The OG Battlefront II recently received an update.
- Intel and AMD have partnered. And Hell has frozen over.
- Nvidia made a TV for gaming.
- Samsung has a consumer ready micro LED TV.
- D-link has a router you can't take advantage of.
- Moen has an Alexa powered showerhead.
- Adobe announced hardware... A security camera.
- HTC announced a Vive Pro Headset.
- Lot's of Chrome OS hardware.
- Kohler is making a smart mirror and smart toilet.